Home > Personal Finance Center  > Security Center > Personal Finance Center

Personal Finance Center

Personal Finance Center

Safeguarding Your Financial Information and Identity

Lose Your Records? The IRS Can Help

If you lose financial records, the IRS can be a source of backup − especially where tax information is concerned. If you need a copy of your tax return − including all the attachments you provided when you filed the return − simply file Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return. Currently the cost is $57 per return.

If you just need information from the return, file Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. You'll receive information from the return but not a copy of the return itself. The cost of a transcript is free, and covers the current tax year and the preceding three years.

What is New

Stock Market

Stocks headlines
Index Last Change
Dow 16912.11 -70.48
Nasdaq 4442.70 -2.21
S&P 500 1969.95 -8.96
NYSE 10936.68 -50.55
AMEX 2774.21 -4.54
Input stock ticker 
Or company name